WHY BUY PROPERTY IN THAILAND
ECONOMIC AND PROPERTY MARKET ANALYSIS BY SENSE PROPERTY
Thailand is a success story among emerging countries. Its economy can be summarized in 3 words: strong, stable and diversified. Discover why here
The Bangkok property market is dynamic thanks to:
- the city's natural attractiveness for businessmen, tourists and retirees
- the large number of expats living in the city centre
- its relative affordability compared with other large Asian cities
However, due to the strong heterogeneity of the condominuim supply (age, standards, price per square meter), a thorough analysis (liquidity on rental and resale market, building's maintenance and management) is required before any purchase. Our research team tells you here where to find the best investment opportunities in Bangkok.
HOW TO BUY A PROPERTY IN THAILAND
Are condominium units the only type of property accessible to foreign investors in Thailand? What is the difference between a condominium and an apartment? Between freehold and leasehold ownership?
Find here all you need to know about the conditions to buy property in Thailand.
CHECKLIST FOR BUYING A CONDO IN THAILAND
Click here to learn everything about the process of buying a condo as an individual or a company:
- Identification of the costs implied (purchase price, taxes and commision)
- Checking of the residence (financials, status, ongoing works, etc)
- Paperwork (Memorandum of Understanding, Sale and Purchase Agreement)
- Technical inspections
- Transfer of ownership
- Registration of the condominium unit by a foreign owner
TAX REGIME FOR CONDOMINIUMS
The tax regime for condo investors in Thailand is very favorable compared with western countries. From low conveyance taxes (transfer taxes) to the absence of tax on capital gains, find all you need to know about property taxes here.
FINANCING FOR FOREIGNERS
Foreigners looking to purchase a condominium unit in Thailand can finance a part of their investment through a loan, under certain conditions.
Find here everything you need to know about mortgages for foreigners.